Monday, December 6, 2010

There's something about Chefs.

Yes, I realize they are celebrity chefs and TV personalities, but I do not GET what gets me so invariably attached to them. And their shows. Which I watch just to see them, but still. What is it about them?

1. Anthony Bourdain


Maybe it's the bad boy with a heart of gold image.
Maybe its the relentless (yet enchanting) ranting on every episode of No Reservations.
Maybe its because he loved Kerala (*cough*my hometown*cough*).
Maybe it's the collection of bestsellers he's authored. Even though I didn't like them much.. still read them through for him.

So after watching every episode of his show, and reading his more famous books, and googling him to the last little dregs on the web, I still cannot get enough of him.

Maybe it's one of those wanting-something-you-cant-have thinguses..


2. Jamie Oliver


There's something about that lisp and those baby blues. Sigh.
And yes, I miss Naked Chef too.

3. The Masterchef Australia judges


And then they started HOSTING by season two!
Best. People. Ever.

4. Curtis Stone


Because he has that beautiful crinkly smile.
Because he has That Accent.
And because he can make some killer desserts. You can cook for me anyday, Mr.Stone. Whether I'm deserving enough is another question altogether.

5. Rocky and Mayur


Yes, I realize they are not chefs.
But. They. Are. AWESOME.
Highway On My Plate HUDD HUDD HUDD!

6. Floyd


Okay, I've only seen him on Floyd's India, but by God, he is FUN. Always in a huge hurry while cooking, drinks beer in the process, loves ranting throughout, not very good at Indian cooking (sorry Floyd), but so, so, SO very lovable!

You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment